Our green initiative
At Pallant, we’re doing our best to look after our planet – because we want future generations to have beautiful, confident smiles, too. Here are just some of the actions we’re taking as part of our green initiative.
Ways we make our practice more sustainable
Instead of providing plastic toothbrushes for our patients, we’ve moved to a more sustainable brand: The Humble Co. Humble toothbrushes are made with a 100% sustainable bamboo handle, making them an eco-friendly choice for a healthy smile.
In our effort to reduce our plastic waste, we’ve replaced our plastic cups with biodegradable cups that degrade within 8 weeks.
As another means of reducing our plastic waste, we’ve discontinued our use of plastic bags. Instead, we provide eco-friendly, reusable canvas bags for our patients.
Recycle your aligners and dental products
Recycle your aligners and dental products with us using our Terracycle Zero Waste Box!
Use this Zero Waste Box to recycle:
- Toothpaste tubes and caps
- Plastic toothbrushes
- Electric toothbrush heads which don't contain an RFID microchip
- Interdental brushes and floss containers
Do not send in:
- Electric toothbrushes
- Smart brush heads with RFID microchip
- Plant-based or biodegradable plastics (e.g. PLA), wooden and bamboo toothbrushes
- Hazardous waste (sharp, flammable, reactive, corrosive, ignitable, toxic, infectious or pathogenic) which presents a danger to the environment, or to people
- Batteries, pressurised canisters, broken glass and medical waste
Supporting Stonepillow charity
Stonepillow charity does the important work of providing vital support and sustainable independence for homeless and vulnerable people in West Sussex. We’re proud to work with this organisation by adding value to our local community.