Invisalign® for kids
Protect the health of your child's smile with Invisalign®.
Did you know there is an Invisalign® treatment made just for kids? It’s called Invisalign® First, and it can help prepare your child’s smile for treatment with braces or aligners in their teenage years.
All About Invisalign® First
Invisalign® First is an Invisalign® treatment designed to guide jaw growth in children ages 6 to 10. The clear, custom aligners gently make room for your child’s current and incoming teeth, and can prevent orthodontic issues from worsening.
Invisalign® First aligners are removable, so they are an easy introduction to orthodontic treatment. Your child won’t even need to adjust their diet or oral hygiene routine during treatment!
Is my child a candidate for Invisalign® First?
Not all children need early orthodontic treatment, but if they do, Invisalign® First can save you time and money on treatment in their teenage years.
We recommend you bring your child to our practice for a free consultation around the age of 7 or 8. At this age, your child’s back bite is established and we can determine if they could benefit from Phase 1 treatment. Your child may be a good candidate for Invisalign® First if:
- They are between 6 to 10 years old
- They have all their permanent incisors and first molars (they can still have some baby teeth)
- They present mild to moderate orthodontic problems
Benefits of Invisalign® First
Invisalign® First is a wonderful Phase 1 treatment because it is:
- Removable: As long as your child wears their aligners for the recommended 22 hours a day, they can take them out for meals and oral hygiene as needed.
- Comfortable: The aligners are made from smooth plastic that won’t irritate your child’s cheeks or gums.
- Convenient: We can pair your child’s treatment with Dental Monitoring for remote check-ins – so you can skip the commute to our practice.
- Discreet: Invisalign® First aligners are completely clear, so most people won’t even notice your child is having treatment.
- Accurate: Invisalign® treatment is planned from start to finish using our precise digital scanner, and the treatment is designed to suit your child's exact smile.